Frequently Asked Questions

Can students with a criminal conviction live in Polly O’Meara Doyle Hall (Polly Hall)

  • Students with a criminal conviction are not automatically disqualified from living in Polly Hall. Each application is assessed on an individual basis, considering the specific circumstances of the case. This means that having a conviction does not necessarily prevent students from being eligible. Students who apply to live in Polly Hall and indicate that they have a criminal conviction will be required to provide additional information. This can be done either on a separate form or in person. The review process will consider various factors, including:
    • The nature and severity of the offense
    • The time that has elapsed since the conviction
    • Your conduct since the offense
    • Any evidence of rehabilitation
A comprehensive evaluation ensures a fair decision that takes into account both the safety and well-being of the student community and your individual circumstances. While not all convictions will disqualify a student from student housing, certain serious offenses might. A list of such offenses can be found here. This list provides clarity on the types of convictions that are considered significant in the decision-making process. We encourage all applicants to provide complete and honest information to facilitate a thorough and fair assessment. For any questions or concerns about this process, or if you need assistance with your application, please contact the student housing office directly.

Who can live in this new student residence building?

  • On-campus housing at Santa Rosa Junior College is limited and in high demand. While living on campus is not required, it is also not guaranteed and offered on a priority basis and then a first-come, first-served basis. The Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall Management Office highly recommends students submit their housing application as soon as the housing portal opens to increase their chances of obtaining a space and avoiding being placed on the priority waitlist. Residents must be registered students with a minimum of six (6) credit hours per semester

What is provided in the units?

  • Rooms will include twin xl bed, desk, chair, chest of drawers, built-in closets, individually controlled heat and air-conditioning, Ethernet connection, and wi-fi.

When will applications open?

What is included in my community?

  • 24 Hour Emergency Maintenance
  • Campus Police Patrols and security monitoring
  • At-Home Laundry Service at no cost
  • Secure Bike Storage Area
  • Composting and Recycling program for each Floor
  • Multipurpose space for building programs and lounge areas
  • Study rooms on each Floor
  • Large Common area kitchen on the 1st Floor
  • Common area kitchens on each Floor
  • Open courtyard with grills and green space

What technology will be available to residents?

  • Residents will be able to take advantage of the following in their suites and/or building: 
    Wired Network Connections in every room for connecting your laptop or gaming system. WIFI Network connections (includes WIFI AC standard for gigabit connectivity).
  • Study area-specific technology includes:
    Flat-screen TVs with laptop connections for group study sessions.
    Wired and WIFI network connections

Will there be Resident Assistants in the building?

  • Staff members will reside in the Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall, including a Resident Director. These employees will be available at various times to help residents and provide activities throughout your residency. 

What safety measures will be in place for residents?

  • The building is being built and designed with the necessary components to provide a comfortable living experience. A card access system is employed at the building's main entry, and no one may enter Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall without a resident access card. Closed-circuit security cameras are also located throughout the building and at access points. 

Can students under the age of 18 live in Polly O’Meara Doyle Hall?

  • No, minors are not permitted to live in Polly O’Meara Doyle Hall. This is a community designed and built for legal adults and does not have the resources to support the requirements, needs and inherent risks of minors living in a residential capacity. Therefore, our residential life policy requires all student residents to be at least 18 years of age at the time of move-in. If you would like to move in upon your 18th birthday, please submit an application and you will be contacted if space is available once you are eligible. If you have any further questions or need assistance with housing options, please contact [email protected] 

Will the cost be covered by financial aid?

  • If a student is attending Santa Rosa Junior College, any financial aid (i.e., grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) that is remaining after SRJC tuition and fees are paid will go toward paying the Residence Hall cost. This cost will be reflected on the student's SRJC bill. Therefore, any portion of the housing costs not paid by financial aid will be an out-of-pocket cost for the student.
  • Check out SRJC's Financial Aid site for additional resources for aid: Welcome to Student Financial Services | Financial Aid (

Are there any employment opportunities in the residence hall?

  • If you are interested in working in the residence hall, please look for our webpage on student employment that will be up and running by January of 2023.

What living options are available?

  • Traditional Single This unit layout includes one Bedroom, and you share a community bathroom with the other residents on your Floor. The showers are divided into individual showers and have dividers for privacy.
  • Traditional Double This unit layout includes one Bedroom that two residents share, and you share a community bathroom with the other residents on your Floor. The community showers are divided into individual showers and have dividers for privacy.
  • Deluxe Single [Limited]  There are a smaller number of single semi-suites available. These units include two single bedrooms with two bathrooms. Many of these spaces are held for students who demonstrate a specific need for such a living environment.
  • Six bed/ Two-bath Apt [Limited] There are a small number of this floorplan type available. These units include 2-single occupied bedrooms and 2-double occupied bedrooms with two bathrooms. All occupants share the living room, snack preparation area, and bathrooms.

What if I don't know anyone to share my room with?

  • You do not need to know someone to sign a Residential Housing Agreement to live in Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall. We match you with other students who are also looking for suitemates. It is a great way to meet people and make new friends!

What is the difference between

  • When you submit an application, you are letting Servitas Management Group know that you are interested in living in the Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall. There is no official or binding agreement between you and Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall Management Office with just your application. Fees associated with your application are non-refundable and non-transferable. When you sign a Student Housing Licensing Agreement, you are signing a legally binding contract to reside in Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall for the full term of the Agreement, which is clearly listed on the Agreement. If during your occupancy, you cannot meet the requirements of the Student Housing Licensing Agreement that you signed, you must submit a Petition for License Agreement Cancellation form to the Polly O'Meara Doyle Hall Management Office. Review the Student Housing Licensing Agreement carefully with anyone you need to consult about your decision, such as your parent or guardian.

Are Meal Plans Included?

Meal plans are not included in the housing payment.

Meal Plans may be purchased in 4-Week blocks, or for a semester. If a student
wishes to purchase a semester’s worth after the semester has started, the total
will be a prorated amount based on the remaining days in the semester.

Meal Plans include both Meal Swipes and Flex Bucks Meal Swipes are reloaded
at the conclusion each week, Flex Bucks roll over. (Ex: if a student starts their
Meal Plan on a Wednesday, the meal counts will renew the following
Wednesday) and 
can be purchased from a link on the SRJC Pacific Dining landing
page –

What is the Cancellation Policy?


  1. Residents may cancel their Housing License Agreement prior to moving in by giving written notice to POMDH at least 30 days before the beginning of the 2024-25 academic year fee period and not be charged the $1000 cancellation fee.
  2. A request to cancel a Housing License Agreement less than 30 days before the start of the 2024-25 academic year fee period shall include the Residents' statement of reasons. POMDH shall grant the request based on the following standards, with appropriate verification: (1) end of student status, (2) marriage or (3) military duty. POMDH may grant, at its sole discretion, the request based on the following standards, with appropriate verification: (1) extreme hardship beyond the control of the Resident and (2) a suitable replacement Resident is available to fill the vacated space without penalty of the $1000 cancellation fee.  POMDH shall make a reasonable effort to locate a suitable replacement Resident.
  1. Residents who request to vacate the housing facility shall give at least a 30-day written notice of intention to vacate and the reason thereof. A petition to terminate shall be obtained from POMDH Office, completed, and returned to the Student Housing Manager. If a 30 day notice is not given a $1000 cancellation fee will be charged. 
  2. POMDH shall grant a request to vacate submitted pursuant to subsection (a). The determination will be based on the following standards, with appropriate verification: (1) graduation, (2) marriage, or (3) military duty. and will not be charged a cancellation fee of $1000.
  3. POMDH may, at its sole discretion and on occasion, grant the request based on the following standards, with appropriate verification of (1) extreme hardship beyond the control of the resident and (2) a suitable replacement resident is available to fill the vacated space. POMDH shall make a reasonable effort to locate a suitable replacement resident.
  4. If request for cancellation is approved, Residents financial obligation will be prorated by a daily rate for the dates of occupancy.